Location: San Leandro, California
Size: 40,500 sq. ft. (4,005 roofing squares)
Building Type: Multi-Residential (apartments)
Scope of Work:
- Remove existing wood shake roofing.
- Install attic ventilation to meet 1997 UBC requirements.
- Install 30 lb ASTM felt underlayment.
- Install new pre-painted drip and rake edge flashings.
- Install Celotex "Dimensional/ 40 Shake" laminated fiberglass shingle roofing. Color" weathered Wood.
- Replace penetration flashings with new material. New flashings shop primed and painted.
- Install Elk "Z RIdge" dimensional ridge shingles. Color: Weathered Wood.
Schedule: Project to be completed in three annual phases beginning in 1999. Each phase will be roughly equal in size. Final completion in 2001.